< back to Table of Contents
Basement - Version 1:
- Add stairs, create office, finish hallway.
- Third shelf unit in storage room can be replaced by hooks/standing storage.
- Frame under stairs for closet/drawers on both sides, but finish only hallway side.
- Space from old stairs is used for new linen closet outside bathroom, and to extend furnace room, turning it into useful storage space.
- Office has cabinets at both ends (if room). Pocket doors allow more flexible desk placement, also quiet or open as appropriate.